Earlier this year we ran a crowdfunding campaign which raised the money to pay for the visas for the five young Tibetans selected to come on the programme and their accommodation costs during the time in the UK. Now that we have been successful in getting the visas we need your help again, this time to pay for their flights and to cover the costs associated with running the programme in the UK. Specifically:
- We need £3,000 to pay for five return flights from Kolkata to London Heathrow (£600 per person)
- We need £1,000 to cover the costs of transport in the UK including meetings at the offices of the Welsh Government in Cardiff, the Centre for Peace, Trust and Social Relations in Coventry and the Houses of Parliament in London
Your support for the TibetXChange programme will be rewarded with our heartfelt thanks expressed as a personal thank you on our Facebook page, on Twitter and in the project report which will be presented to the Central Tibetan Administration and Office of the Dalai Lama at the end of the project.
You can donate by visiting our Indiegogo Campaign website – www.indiegogo.com/projects/tibetxchange-empowering-young-tibetans
We understand that some people are not in a position to contribute financially to the programme but that doesn’t mean you can’t help in other ways:
- Please get the word out about the TibetXChange programme and encourage your friends, family and anyone else who you think might be interested to make pledge their support. Remember you can use the Indiegogo share tools to do this!
- If you live in Swansea, Coventry or London and are able to provide support in kind (a room, a meal, some transport) then we would love to hear from you. Please email Professor Heaven Crawley email@example.com
- If you have any other fund-raising ideas or suggestions as to events we might organise during the programme please let us know!